MSBC Scholarship Program
“In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:6
The Scholarship Committee, in addition to providing financial scholarships, has a mission to provide educational and cultural initiatives to enhance and expand the educational horizon of children, youth and adults.
Working together with the pastor and leaders of the church, only enhances the scholarship committee’s ability to reach our goals.
The Morse Street Baptist Church Scholarship Committee was formed in April, 2002 under the leadership of Sister Mary Roberson. The committee awarded its first academic awards in May, 2002 to eight (8) graduating high school seniors. After completing the application process put into place by the committee, they each received $500.00 to use toward college expenses.
(Click each title below to download the application.)
Mary Roberson Financial Award – awarded during the senior awards program in April. Applications are made available during March and are due by April 1. The amount of awards are based totally on the amount of funds collected on the Mary Roberson Scholarship Day and throughout the year.
Clyde and Billie Mohair Continuing Education Scholarship – an ongoing scholarship awarded throughout the year if funds are available. This scholarship is awarded to members who have financial needs for college, additional training, certifications,etc.
MSBC Graduating Senior Scholarship– awarded to Morse Street Baptist Church graduating seniors who apply by April 1st. Applicants must be members of Morse Street Baptist Church.
Scholarship Committee Activities
- The Fall Education Workshop
- Individual Academic Counseling
- Continuing Education Awards
- Scholarships for MSBC Members
- Mary Roberson Financial Award
- Assisting high school Seniors with the scholarship application process
- Helping high school seniors develop personal interview skills
- Awarding annual financial scholarships to graduating high school seniors
- Community Service Verification
- Attendance Record
- Letters of Recommendation from school personnel and community leaders
- Personal Interview with the Scholarship Committee
Academic scholarships awarded to students are paid to the institutions upon receipt of verification of enrollment.